Known as the Thomas-Throop House, this Queen Anne style Victorian was built, possibly on spec, for Dr. George Thomas in 1886. In 1888, Amos Throop, the founder of Cal-Tech, bought the property, originally located at the corner of Del Mar and S. Orange Grove. Designed by early Pasadena architect, Harry Ridgeway, the house was moved to its present location in 1905, where it was re-built. The home has been owned by many prominent Pasadena families and up-graded and remodeled throughout the years. The present owners purchased the property in 1999 and have thoughtfully upgraded the house by adding an open kitchen/ family dining area along with a large family room, overlooking the pool and rear garden, along with an elevator to the second floor. There are 4 bedrooms and 3 baths on the second floor and an attic suite, consisting of a sitting room/ bedroom and bath on the 3rd floor. There are three fireplaces and a powder room on the first floor. There is an over-sized garage that will hold 4 cars, tandem, 3 HVAC zones, 2 large porches, and an enclosed porch off of bedroom 3, not included in the square footage.