Historic Tennis Court Estate | The Harris Residence: Marston, Van Pelt & Maybury 1924
Graciously set back from renowned South San Rafael Avenue and sited to capture arresting views of the San Gabriels beyond, this sophisticated Mediterranean with cues of Regency style from a 1940s enhancement awaits only its fifth owner. Nearly three quarters of a flat acre of sweeping grassy lawn, north/south tennis court, swimmers’ pool with bar cabana, changing bathroom and patio loggia – as well as a circular motor court for diplomatic entry — all set the stage for palatial entertaining.
Entry reception foyer, formal living room anchored by a handsome fireplace, and an elegant dining room with pass-thru cocktail nook – all with expansive volumes, crafted moldings, oversized windows and French doors that lead to the fifty foot viewing and sitting room with original terrazzo flooring and glass sliders. Paneled library/den with adjacent powder room.